[IPython-user] deep reload now default?

Rohan Nicholls rohan.nicholls@googlemail....
Fri Oct 17 04:07:33 CDT 2008

It is definitely on deep reload then.

In [1]: reload?
Type:		function
Base Class:	<type 'function'>
String Form:	<function reload at 0x848248c>
Namespace:	Python builtin
File:		/home/rohan/src/ipython/IPython/deep_reload.py
Definition:	reload(module, exclude=['sys', '__builtin__', '__main__'])
Docstring:
    Recursively reload all modules used in the given module.  Optionally
    takes a list of modules to exclude from reloading.  The default exclude
    list contains sys, __main__, and __builtin__, to prevent, e.g., resetting
    display, exception, and io hooks.

So it is willfully ignoring my settings or something else
is triggering the deep reload.  The strange thing is
that I have done nothing to change the system, and it
just started doing deep reload by default.

I will have a look at all the settings I can find.