[IPython-user] OS X Terminal iPython history display bug

Lawrence Johnston unussum@gmail....
Tue Oct 21 15:09:50 CDT 2008

Using IPython 0.9.1 on OS X 10.5.5, The history access of any command
which wraps beyond a single screen seems to be messed up.

For example if I type:

-----
In [54]: text = "This is a very long sentence which I wrote to prove a
point about the wrapping behavior in IPython"
-----

And hit enter, and then hit the up arrow to access the same in
history, it comes out as follows:

-----
which I wrote to prove a point about the wrapping behavior in IPython"
-----

Basically, only the part of the command which is beyond the wrapping
point displays, and there's no prompt of any sort. However, the entire
command is actually present. If I hit enter, it will still set text
equal to the whole sentence.

Has anybody else experienced this behavior?