[IPython-user] OS X Terminal iPython history display bug

Jeremy Conlin jeremit0@gmail....
Tue Oct 21 15:48:43 CDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Lawrence Johnston <unussum@gmail.com>wrote:

> Using IPython 0.9.1 on OS X 10.5.5, The history access of any command
> which wraps beyond a single screen seems to be messed up.
>
> For example if I type:
>
> -----
> In [54]: text = "This is a very long sentence which I wrote to prove a
> point about the wrapping behavior in IPython"
> -----
>
> And hit enter, and then hit the up arrow to access the same in
> history, it comes out as follows:
>
> -----
> which I wrote to prove a point about the wrapping behavior in IPython"
> -----
>
> Basically, only the part of the command which is beyond the wrapping
> point displays, and there's no prompt of any sort. However, the entire
> command is actually present. If I hit enter, it will still set text
> equal to the whole sentence.
>
> Has anybody else experienced this behavior?

I have seen it often, and it bugs.  I am running 10.5.5 with the iPython
that comes with EPD:

$ ipython -p sh
Py 2.5.2 |EPD 2.5.2001| (r252:60911, Aug  4 2008, 13:45:20)  IPy 0.8.1

Jeremy