[IPython-user] How to enter debugging mode in ipython

Wong, Shin Guey shin.guey.wong@intel....
Wed Oct 22 02:01:26 CDT 2008

Currently the automatic enter pdb mode is very useful, thanks for it!!! But I am looking for method similar to the pdb.set_trace() function in ipython to enter pdb mode. I know that I can install ipdb and use ipdb.set_trace(). But since ipython already come with the pdb itself, I don't want to install another package 'ipdb' again. Actually I had tried to install the ipdb but the ipdb behave a bit different from the pdb in ipython.

Any clue for this? I had look through the documentation but doesn't found any manual to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shin Guey