[IPython-user] OS X Terminal iPython history display bug

Jeff Kaufman cbr@sccs.swarthmore....
Wed Oct 22 08:36:24 CDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 01:09:50PM -0700, Lawrence Johnston wrote:

> Using IPython 0.9.1 on OS X 10.5.5, The history access of any command
> which wraps beyond a single screen seems to be messed up.

Is this only in ipython?  When this has happend to me in ipython it's
turned out to be a terminal problem that affects other terminally
stuff too.  And for me the root was that somehow a resize didn't
update the COLUMNS evnvironment variable.  If

  echo $COLUMNS

gives the wrong number, I've fixed it by resizing it away from where I
want and back again.

Jeff