[IPython-user] Fwd: deep reload now default?

Rohan Nicholls rohan.nicholls@googlemail....
Thu Oct 23 10:02:23 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried removing ~/.ipython and starting with a fresh configuration?

Yes, but no joy.  I also manually loaded :

import IPython.ipapi

ip = IPython.ipapi.get()

and on calling ip.options I find that:
 'deep_reload': 1,

I have checked the default system that is installed on startup
and the ipythonrc there has a

deep_reload 0

line.

The only thing that ipy_user_conf.py does is load as above,
but that loading has the deep_reload : 1 setting.

Where are the default IPython.ipapi settings coming from,
because looking at get() function the ip is passed in from
somewhere, but it is not obvious from the files in the
.ipython directory.

I also notice that if I grab the ip.options and reset the
deep_reload option it has no effect, probably because
reload has already been set on initialization to the deep
version and this will not be set dynamically on each call
(unfortunately).  Is there a way to dig up the original
reload function and set reload to it at startup?

> What
> version of IPython are you using? When you do

Ipython: 0.9.1

>   $ ipython -nodeep_reload

This has no effect.

Thanks for the help, this is a bit perplexing. ;)

Rohan