[IPython-user] Fwd: I use Windows Me and can not get a gui of ipython

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez@berkeley....
Tue Oct 28 12:27:32 CDT 2008

[ Sending this to the correct mailing list address

ipython-user@scipy.org]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: col <hdings@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 6:30 AM
Subject: I use Windows Me and can not get a gui of ipython
To: ipython-user-owner@scipy.org

Hi,

I am a Showmedo member and
was watching the series of Ian Ozvald about iPython.

Installed the exe of 0.9.1 in the map site-packages\ipython.
Herein is no setup.py
Installed the zip in the map site-packages\ipython-0.9.1
Herein IS a setup.py

Had already installed the prerequired files as readline and setuptools.
PATH contents adjusted and ran easy_install setup.py install from
within the map ipython-0.9.1

All went well as to the messages, but where must I be now?

Tried in the map Scripts to rename the ipython file in ipython.py and ran it.
I ms-dos like thing appeared with red and blue colors I think.

But: what I saw on showmedo, was a white gui. What's the matter?

Or is it that I am using Windows Me? Than it's a pity that there is no
preliminary note about that.

Hope you can help me,
Many thanks in advance,

Col