[IPython-user] Using argparse to implement %magics

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Tue Oct 28 14:18:58 CDT 2008

On 27-Oct-08, at 8:08 PM, Robert Kern wrote:

> argparse is my command-line option parser of choice these days, and
> I always thought it would be a nice way to implement some of the
> IPython %magics that have such options. I recently had the occasion
> to write some of my own %magics, so I tried it out. Here are the
> results:

These are really quite handy! %fread and %fwrite especially. They're
so handy that they'd be perfect for inclusion in ipython, save for
introducing another dependency, of which I know many people are wary.

Thanks, Robert.

David