[IPython-user] Dissilimiar behaviour between shell / %edit, and imported module

mark starnes m.starnes05@imperial.ac...
Tue Sep 9 05:37:14 CDT 2008

Hi everyone.

I'm seeing behaviour I can't understand with my fresh installation of IPython.

If I execute the following code at the prompt, it works.  If I execute it as
the result of an edit session from IPython, it works.  If I execute, 'import mectest',
it hangs at the 'mec = kernel.MultiEngineClient()' command.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Code:

from IPython.kernel import client
print 'imported'
mec=client.MultiEngineClient()
print 'mecset'
print mec.get_ids()

I'm running IPython 0.9.rc1 from bzr (installed this morning), Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Sep 21 2007, 22:46:31)
, on 64 bit Suse10.3.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.