[IPython-user] ipython 0.9.rc1: problem with example from the manual during import, using MultiEngineClient

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 9 11:51:54 CDT 2008

Mark,

Sorry about the messed up install instructions - the current docs are
patently wrong.  We are going to fix this for the 0.9 release, which
is coming soon.  We finished the final bit of bug fixing this last
week.  The last thing we have to do before the release is the docs.
Hopefully you can be patient with us a few more days.

> I'll continue with this new installation.  So far, the engines execute code sent to them with, 'mec.execute',
> but seem to hang when the code is 'import xxxxx'.

One thing you have to make sure of is that xxxxx is somewhere in the
sys.path of the Python that is running the engines.  In your case,
what is xxxxx?

Cheers,

Brian