[IPython-user] Problem with starting ipcontroller & engine twice in succession

Michael Schmuker schmuker@gmail....
Tue Sep 9 13:09:15 CDT 2008

Hi,

in my application, I need to start a controller and one or several
engines, perform some computation, kill the engines and the controller,
and start all over again. My problem is: this only seems to work once.

I attached some sample code which reproduces the problem (as a unittest),
together with the output on my machine (copy-paste from the console).
Note that the exception is produced before the second ipengine starts
writing its log to the console.

I'm running python 2.5.2 on SUSE 11.0 (x86_64), and ipython 0.9rc1 from
today's bzr.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Michael