[IPython-user] Embedded IPython and -pylab

Inigo Aldazabal Mensa inigo_aldazabal@ehu...
Thu Sep 11 03:01:57 CDT 2008

Ville M. Vainio wrote:

>> But then in this case I don't get the previous variable space so I can
>> not interact with it.
>
> See how you can do it with tests/test_embed.py

Sorry for the late replay.

Thank you for the pointer. I missed it as I was looking at the examples and
the manual, and they don't mention the subject. It's the most similar thing
to what I wanted to achieve that I've yet found.

Any idea on how could I inherit the whole previous namespace into the newly
created IPython session? And regarding this, I understand that
the "exported" variables get duplicated in memory, am I rigth? I say so
because in some cases these could be quite big matrices, and I could run
into memory and/or execution time problems.

Thanks again,

Inigo