[IPython-user] Anyone using ipython.el?

Stefan Schwarzburg stefan.schwarzburg@googlemail....
Fri Sep 12 02:08:54 CDT 2008

Hi Thomas, Hi Rohan,
I'm using ipython.el.
I can't remember where I got it from, but it has "$Revision: 2275 $" in it,
if that helps.
I'm using emacs-snapshot-gtk "GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
Version 2.12.9) of 2008-05-06 on iridium, modified by Debian"

ipython mode works well, although TAB completion is emacs like (new buffer
with the possible completions).
And "obj<TAB>" completes to object (without asking, because its the only
possibility...)

Cheers,
Stefan

2008/9/12 Thomas Bach <bachth@uni-mainz.de>

> Rohan Nicholls wrote:
> > Hi all,
> Hi,
>
> > I have just installed ipython from bzr, and have added ipython.el to my
> emacs
> > setup.   It is giving me errors, so I thought I would ask if anyone is
> using
> > this library?
>
> I tried so several days ago, it resulted in the following post to this
> list:
> ---[SNIP]---
> Hi,
>
> I can't get the TAB-completion to work in ipython.el. I tried both,
> ipython.el delivered by the ipython-0.9b3-package and the current
> SVN-release.
> Starting ipython in emacs and inserting e.g. obj<TAB>
> I get:
> In [2]:    ...: obj
>
> and the minibuffer says, that there is no completion for "obj" (what is
> obviously wrong).
> Pressing <TAB> once more i get.
> In [3]: ------------------------------------------------------------obj
>
> I am using Emacs 22.2.1
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Greets,
> ---[SNIP]---
>
> I didn't get any answers. I didn't manage to contact the maintainer yet,
> but having this peace of software running smoothly would be a great thing.
>
> What output do you get?
>
> Greets,
>          Thomas Bach.

Institut für Astronomie und Astrophysik