[IPython-user] Anyone using ipython.el?

Rohan Nicholls rohan.nicholls@googlemail....
Fri Sep 12 09:24:11 CDT 2008

Thanks for this.

I have looked into python-mode but it seems to require pymacs which
seems a rather heavy dependency, and not one I am sure I want to
embrace, especially as a quick glance at aptitude shows that the last
python in the packaged version it supports is python2.3.  How did you
get it working?  Install pymacs yourself?

At this point I think I will have a look at getting something workable
going with the bare current emacs, so having py files around the place
is not a problem (python.el uses this technique).