[IPython-user] Anyone using ipython.el?

Stefan Schwarzburg stefan.schwarzburg@googlemail....
Sat Sep 13 01:56:27 CDT 2008

Hi,

2008/9/12 Rohan Nicholls <rohan.nicholls@googlemail.com>

> Thanks for this.
>
> I have looked into python-mode but it seems to require pymacs which
> seems a rather heavy dependency, and not one I am sure I want to
> embrace, especially as a quick glance at aptitude shows that the last
> python in the packaged version it supports is python2.3.  How did you
> get it working?  Install pymacs yourself?

Actually, I just typed: "apt-get install pymacs"
It is a package from 10 Mar 2008, version 0.22-6build1. It replaces for
example python2.3-pymacs.
I could not find out, why you think it supports only 2.3.
I'm using it with Ubuntu hardy. It's the default pymacs package there...
(and the file is 549kB, so it's at least not a big dependency :-)

Cheers,
Stefan