[IPython-user] Anyone using ipython.el?

Rohan Nicholls rohan.nicholls@googlemail....
Sat Sep 13 08:02:45 CDT 2008

Okay, what I had done was an aptitude search, and it only listed the python2.3
and lower.  I will have to look into making it work.

But it is still true that python-mode is pretty out of date as well,
the last commit
on that project is from at least 3 years ago.  But I will give it a
shot and see what
works and what not.

Thanks for the info, I guess I should have installed it, rather then
trusting apt-get
to give the true info, my bad. :)

Thanks for the feedback.  Actually something else that would be nice
is some sort of
wrapper for running programs, and I am not sure if ipython can do this,
but it would allow you to run a program such as a web server or a gui,
things with
their own event loop, and still be able to have an interactive prompt.  Pywrap
is an example of this sort of thing, allowing you to have a wxpython
program running
and still being able to interact with the objects in the environment,
which is not
possible if you are running the program from the commandline, through the
interactive prompt, without invoking the interactive prompt.

But I get ahead of myself...

Rohan