[IPython-user] Idioms for using custom profiles

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sat Sep 13 17:56:41 CDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk@gmail.com> wrote:

> we supply.  Furthermore, I'm not sure what the correct idiom for
> installing a 'system-wide' custom profile would be.  I have no

Just make available (somewhere on pythonpath) a file named
ipy_profile_PROFILENAME.py, and have it do the configuration. You can
take ipy_profile_sh.py as the starting point.

Note that there is nothing too "special" about profiles. You can just
add your config to ipy_user_conf.py that every user puts in their
~/.ipython, and just provide -pylab at the command line.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio