[IPython-user] Idioms for using custom profiles

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sun Sep 14 11:54:16 CDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Our goal is to provide to the user a more verb-like interface -- and
> IPython and its magic commands seem to be the right way to do that.  I

Note: you don't need to create a profile. It's better if you create an
extension (ipy_yt.py or whatever). Profile is just a glorified
extension that can is loaded with ipython -p PROFILE, but that doesn't
seem to be the best approach for your purposes. If you create a normal
extension, you can acquire the functionality while using one of the
"normal" profiles. As I see it, profiles are for stuff that
fundamentally change how ipython works.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio