[IPython-user] Idioms for using custom profiles

Matthew Turk matthewturk@gmail....
Sun Sep 14 12:24:12 CDT 2008

> As I see it, profiles are for stuff that
> fundamentally change how ipython works.

That sounds fair, and of course I will defer to your judgment.  Plus,
it seems to be easier that way, as we can wrap all of the
initialization code into a single script that gets installed into
$LOCAL/bin/ .  So, to that end, something like the following seems to
be the best way to proceed -- have I made any obvious mistakes?

--
# Do imports, set up 'namespace' variable

import IPython.Shell
ip_shell = IPython.Shell.IPShellMatplotlib(user_ns=namespace)
ip = ip_shell.IP.getapi()

# Do exposition of magic commands, etc

ip_shell.mainloop(sys_exit=1,banner="Hi!")
--

Thanks for all your help!

-Matt