[IPython-user] Anyone using ipython.el?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Sep 14 22:03:28 CDT 2008

Hi,

first, sorry for not helping on the emacs questions.  I'm glad others
did, which is great!  Many thanks.

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 6:02 AM, Rohan Nicholls
<rohan.nicholls@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.  Actually something else that would be nice
> is some sort of
> wrapper for running programs, and I am not sure if ipython can do this,
> but it would allow you to run a program such as a web server or a gui,
> things with
> their own event loop, and still be able to have an interactive prompt.  Pywrap
> is an example of this sort of thing, allowing you to have a wxpython
> program running
> and still being able to interact with the objects in the environment,
> which is not
> possible if you are running the program from the commandline, through the
> interactive prompt, without invoking the interactive prompt.
>
> But I get ahead of myself...

Does

ipython -wthread

not work for you?  If so, why not?  It's designed precisely for
that... (or -qthread, -q4thread, -gthread for the other toolkits).