[IPython-user] ipy_profile_pylab.py does not exist---Please advise

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Sep 24 01:35:07 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Jeremy Conlin <jeremit0@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
> I have started using the pylab profile in ipython, but I get an error
> message.  I'm not even sure what the error means as far as loss of
> functionality, but it's there for a reason.  The message is:

It's not a profile. You invoke pylab mode by doing

ipython -pylab.

The reason for this is that -pylab changes the way the whole ipython
shell object instantiated (as opposed to modifying already existing
ipython instance, which is what profiles are for).

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio