[IPython-user] Insert a command (text) automatically at the prompt

Yann Le Du yledu@free...
Fri Sep 26 09:57:23 CDT 2008

Hello,

Is it possible to switch a flag on, and then have some text automatically
added at the beginning of each command line when pressing the "Enter" key
  ? Says something like this

%auto random

then each time I press Enter, I get a new line beginning with "random" :

In [21]: %auto "random"
In [22]: random.randint(2,10) #Here I just had to type ".randint(2,10)"
Out[22]: 2
In [23]: random #This "random" appeared automatically
etc...

I looked in the archives, but found no hint.

--
Yann Le Du