[IPython-user] Need post_runcode_hook

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sat Sep 27 12:12:46 CDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Gustavo Carneiro <gjcarneiro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I think I need a post_runcode_hook in interactive python module
> 'iplib'.

Frankly, I think that whenever there is a use case for a hook to the
extent that someone considers monkeypatching, it should be added (to
allow more stuff being moved away from the monolithic part of the
core). So yes, I'll add it soon.

While I'm at it, I could also add a run_code_hook that would enable
customizing the 'exec code_obj in self.user_global_ns, self.user_ns'
part (which would allow overriding one of the most critical phases of
ipython code execution). It could even be used to implement the
current MTInteractiveShell stuff in extension (w/o subclassing), which
could be enabled "on the fly" by importing an extension.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio