[IPython-user] Insert a command (text) automatically at the prompt

Yann Le Du yledu@free...
Sun Sep 28 16:46:16 CDT 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008, Ville M. Vainio wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Yann Le Du <yledu@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to switch a flag on, and then have some text automatically
>> added at the beginning of each command line when pressing the "Enter" key
>>  ? Says something like this
>
> Investigate:
>
> _ip.set_next_input
>
> pre_prompt_hook
>
> Too busy for ready-made answer now ;-)

Thanks a lot Ville : with your hints, I found how to do it, but I didn't
manage to remove the inserted command, i.e. remove the hook. Here's what I
did :

def foo_pre_prompt_hook(self):
 	ip = IPython.ipapi.get()
 	ip.set_next_input("foo: ")

def qsetPrompt(stv = True):
 	ip = IPython.ipapi.get()
 	if stv:
 		ip.set_hook('pre_prompt_hook',foo_pre_prompt_hook)
 	else:
 		pass # What do I need to put here to remove the hook ?

--
Yann Le Du