[IPython-user] TaskClient problems

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Apr 2 15:54:02 CDT 2009

Howdy,

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM, M Trumpis <mtrumpis@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hello.. I'm having some trouble queuing up tasks in a TaskClient
> object. I don't have a good handle on what's going on, but I've tried
> to include all the relevant log/debug info. I'm working with an
> ipcluster with two engines, on Mac OS 10.4. Python etc are built up
> from macports, and IPython from trunk (the IPython build details are
> listed below). When I set up a queue of tasks, most of the time the
> engines encounter an error and shut down.

[...]

Just as an FYI, Mike is in our lab and this is for some of our local
work; I've already tried to help him as much as I can but I'm totally
stumped here.  I don't see the initial errors he gets upon startup
(I'm on Ubuntu 64bit, he's on OSX), and I'm not really sure what else
to try.  But if anyone has any suggestions, we'd be very grateful...