[IPython-user] embedding an ipython session in a gtk gui application

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Fri Apr 10 17:33:41 CDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:20 AM, davide lasagna
<lasagnadavide@gmail.com> wrote:

> In this way i can have access to the widgets of the gui from the ipython
> session , but the code is buggy and i would prefer to have ipython running
> in a  "true" terminal. So i thought that i could embed a vte terminal in my
> gui, but now i have the problem of accessing the widgets of my gui from the
> ipython session.

Depending on your pygtk version, you way want to check this out:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+bug/270856

Getting access to your treewidget is the easy part, just inject
reference to it in ipython user namespace - get ipapi instance and do
ip.user_ns['tree'] = self.myTreeWidget (or something to that effect)

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio