[IPython-user] objects persist even after reset

deuberger.junk@gmai... deuberger.junk@gmai...
Sat Apr 18 23:15:48 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am having trouble understanding some IPython behavior that doesn't make
sense to me.  I can't find any information about this in the documentation
or in the internet, except this old posting

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.ipython.user/304/focus=306

When I use the %run command, it seems to use old versions of functions and
classes even after they've been updated.  The code shown in the traceback is
updated, but the behavior is not.  I know it works though because it works
from the regular windows shell.  Also, if I open a new ipython shell, it
works fine.  Also, using %reset doesn't help at all.

Basically it looks like objects persist even after running %reset.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

- Daniel