[IPython-user] Pydee <-> Qt frontend for IPython

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Apr 21 05:53:19 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Pierre Raybaut <contact@pythonxy.com> wrote:

> than for the console itself) and it's slower when there are lots of
> appending indeed (typically less than 2 times slower from my
> experience, but I didn't make exhaustive tests on this topic...)

I tried doing "find /" on my ipython widget, and QTextEdit become
pretty much unusable for a long while. The text kept appearing in huge
chunks and it took considerable extra time. QScintilla behaved like
normal terminal - text appeared in real time, and I don't think much
extra time was taken. I basically gave up on QTextEdit, regardless of
the nice features.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio