[IPython-user] some behaviour breaking IPython?

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Wed Apr 29 16:47:01 CDT 2009

I've noticed if I use IPython for a while with TkAgg on OS X (via -
pylab) I eventually start seeing some odd behaviour, which I have to
restart the interpreter to remedy.

#1) When I've got a script running that plots every once in a while
but prints constantly, the printing doesn't happen immediately, but
seems lagged and chunked. So, I won't see anything for a while but
then I'll see a huge chunk of buffered prints come at me all at once.
Plots still seem to happen on schedule.
#2) exit() gives me the usual "are you sure you want to exit [y/n]"
but hitting y<ENTER> or simply <ENTER> no longer quits. Ctrl+D
followed by a confirmation, however, does.

I can't reliably reproduce this behaviour which is why I'm unsure how
to correct it. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

David