[IPython-user] re set doesn't

Dr. Phillip M. Feldman pfeldman@verizon....
Mon Dec 7 18:06:02 CST 2009

I was initially overjoyed to hear that my request for a reset command had
borne fruit, but on closer examination I'm less enthusiastic. reset does not
undo the effect of any imports, does not close any figure windows that have
been opened, and issues an annoying and unnecessary prompt that could
equally well be, "Has your sanity been confirmed recently by competent
authorities?"  I find that I'm constantly killing off IPython and restarting
it, but the penalty of this is that one's history is also lost.  It would be
great if there were a reset command that really worked.