[IPython-user] Tab completion not working with IPython 0.10 on Windows XP

Daniel Grover dogrover@gmail....
Tue Dec 8 13:08:55 CST 2009

Hi,

I'm running Windows XP SP3, with Python 2.6.2 and IPython 0.10. I recently
upgraded from Python 2.5/IPython 0.09 (via complete unintstall/re-install),
where tab completion was working correctly. Under IPython 0.10, though, no
tab completion.

Some other details:
  - Pyreadline 2.6 is installed
  - Command history (and up/down arrow navigation) is working
  - Color is also working
  - ipythonrc.ini in my user directory has the following settings (among
others):
    - readline 1
    - readline_parse_and_bind tab: menu-complete

Not sure what else to try. Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Dan