[IPython-user] Tab completion not working with IPython 0.10 on Windows XP

Jon Olav Vik jonovik@gmail....
Tue Dec 8 13:51:15 CST 2009

Daniel Grover <dogrover <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,I'm running Windows XP SP3, with Python 2.6.2 and IPython 0.10. I recently
upgraded from Python 2.5/IPython 0.09 (via complete unintstall/re-install),
where tab completion was working correctly. Under IPython 0.10, though, no tab
completion.Some other details:  - Pyreadline 2.6 is installed  - Command
history (and up/down arrow navigation) is working  - Color is also working  -
ipythonrc.ini in my user directory has the following settings (among others):
>     - readline 1    - readline_parse_and_bind tab: menu-complete    Not sure
what else to try. Anyone else seeing this?Thanks,Dan

I found this in my notes from the first time I installed IPython: "To enable
tab completion, uncomment 'import ipy_defaults' in the file ~/.ipython/
ipy_user_conf.py."

Hope this helps,
Jon Olav