[IPython-user] Parallel w/ scikits.timeseries dates

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Wed Dec 9 17:56:12 CST 2009

On 9-Dec-09, at 5:33 PM, Robert Ferrell wrote:

> I want to do a task parallel computation for each date in a
> timeseries.DateArray.  My naive attempt produces:
>
> 	PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'timeseries.Date'>: import of
> module timeseries failed

You might try asking on the SciPy-user list, I know the developers of
scikits.timeseries answer a lot of questions there, and if this is the
case then it'll affect all modes of parallelism (the multiprocessing
module, for example) and not just IPython's (and I really hope they
have a solution for parallel processing -- it's not even clear to me
why a Date object shouldn't be picklable).

Best,

David