[IPython-user] re set doesn't

Dr. Phillip M. Feldman pfeldman@verizon....
Wed Dec 9 20:14:25 CST 2009

Robert Kern-2 wrote:

> On 2009-12-07 18:06 PM, Dr. Phillip M. Feldman wrote:
>
> 1. Imports of extension modules simply can't be undone in Python.

This is obviously not the case.  When I kill Python and reload it, all
module imports are gone (and all figure windows are closed).  Voila!  The
question is this: Is there a practical way to do this via a command?  I know
that in Linux and Unix, a process can relaunch the executable with which it
is associated, which wipes out all state and starts things over from the
beginning.  So, in Linux and Unix implementations of Python, it should be
possible to do this.  I'm not sure about Windows.