[IPython-user] Parallel w/ scikits.timeseries dates

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Dec 10 16:58:36 CST 2009

Hi Robert,

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 6:43 AM, Robert Ferrell <ferrell@diablotech.com> wrote:

> For closure- on SciPy-User, Pierre pointed out to me that DateArray
> and TimeSeries objects are picklable.  So this isn't a big an issue as
> I had thought.  Date instances can be contained in a single-element
> DateArray, for instance.

Thanks for the info, but if I understand your report correctly, this
is still going to be a bit annoying to use.  It seems that single
scalars (Date instances) pulled out of DateArrays can't be pickled,
right?  If that's the case, most parallelism systems in python are
going to trip on timeseries objects, because it' s quite likely that
at somep point in a computation you may break down an array and try to
communicate individual scalars (say as the result of a longer
computation, for example)...  Or did I misunderstand you?