[IPython-user] ipython won't take >b< from the keyboard

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Feb 1 01:33:44 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Glenn <grpython@sonic.net> wrote:
> I've done some more testing and have gotten results I don't understand.
> If I open a terminal window and start IPython when I'm logged in as user1,
> the letter 'b' works as expected. If I log in as user2, and then start
> IPython, 'b' acts like ^G (makes a sound, but doesn't insert the character).

This is weird, and I'm not an osx user, so I'm guessing here a lot.
But the fact that it works for one user and not for the other, makes
me wonder whether you have  a ~/.inputrc for either of them (esp. for
the one where it doesn't work).  If you do, try renaming that file
temporarily to something else and see if the problem goes away.  If it
does, then a little inspection of the file, or just commenting things
out, should quickly isolate the problem.

If it's not a readline config problem driven by a wonky ~/.inputrc, I
have no clue.