[IPython-user] Paramiko (ssh)

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Fri Feb 6 15:18:09 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> And even on unix, the ability to use the scripting power of ipython
> through a remote host, and especially to link local activity with
> remote files, could be great.

This is mainly what I'm interested in - capturing and mangling output
from commands and files on remote hosts. Perhaps easily roll up some
little functions to, say, install some debs on the remote device (of
interest to me personally, because I do that on my work a lot - I use
ssh to mess around with maemo devices).

The concept could be extended to match what capistrano does:

http://www.capify.org/getting-started/from-the-beginning

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio