[IPython-user] Persistence ipcontroller and ipengines
Sat Feb 7 05:44:49 CST 2009
I'm using the ipcontroller and ipengines together with MoinMoin in the
1) ipcontroller and ipengines are run by a specific user.group on the web
server and share the furl's with
the web server
2) moinmoin is run with the twisted web server (historically, not yet
converted to wsgi)
3) a custom matplotlib parser in moin takes a code section and creates a
4) StringTask is sent to ipcontroller by TaskClient (run in a seperate
python process, because
twisted is already used by moin).
5) Images are created during the execution of the StringTask by one of the
6) The images are attached to the moin page and displayed instead of the
I have a couple of questions related to that procedure
- Is it wise to have long running ipcontroller/ipengines?
- Can the IPython.kernel.client be used within moin run by twisted (the
reactor is started by moin)?
- Are there any precautions (cleanups) that shall be performed before
launching the StringTask
An early form of the parser can be found at
Thanks for any thoughts on that.
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Persistence-ipcontroller-and-ipengines-tp21800901p21800901.html
Sent from the IPython - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the IPython-user