[IPython-user] ncurses under IPython

Chris Jones cjns1989@gmail....
Sun Feb 15 09:58:24 CST 2009

I'm trying to use IPython to display ncurses color pairs on a 256-color
xterm.

Since I'm unsure of the syntax of many ncurses calls, I thought doing
this interactively and using the %save or %edit magic commands might be
more productive than writing a script and running it from a shell.

The problem I'm having is that as soon as I initialize the ncurses
context via the "cbreak" .. "noecho" .. calls, the terminal becomes
unusable - I can no longer enter anything interactively.

Is there a way out of this?

Thanks,

CJ