[IPython-user] IPython 0.9.1 on Python 2.6 on WinXP - run_installscript: Internal error 0xFFFFFFFF

Paul Moore p.f.moore@gmail....
Wed Feb 18 06:13:32 CST 2009

2009/2/18 Paul Moore <p.f.moore@gmail.com>:
> I just installed IPython 0.9.1 on Python 2.6 on my WinXP machine. I
> used the bdist_wininst installer from the download site. When I ran
> the installer, I got the error "run_installscript: Internal error
> 0xFFFFFFFF" at the end, and it looks like the start menu shortcuts
> haven't been set up.

Rebuilding the installer using Python 2.6 got rid of the error, but
the start menu shortcuts still didn't get created. To be honest, it
doesn't bother me much, but the script should probably either work or
be removed...

> I did have IPython installed in a previous Python installation on this
> machine, but I removed it. Looks like I've still got a
> %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%_ipython directory, though. Could this be related
> to the error?

No, didn't seem to make any difference when I removed it.

Paul.