[IPython-user] implementing non-blocking thread execution for something other than toolkits

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Feb 25 06:02:45 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Rohan Nicholls
<rohan.nicholls@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> I get the output in the ipython window, but control is taken over by
>>> the web.py process, and I lose the interactivity of the prompt.
>>
>> Ok, all you need to do is launch a new thread that runs web.py main
>> loop. Edit your web.py launcher script.
>
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> I have been googling, and found this which seems to work:
>
> bg _ip.magic('run -i BusinessRulesServer.py 1080 -d -h localhost')
>
> Is this what you mean?
>
> app seems bound as desired etc.
>
> Thanks for the help.

Replying on list:

Yes, this is pretty much what I meant. If it works, so much the better ;-)

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio