[IPython-user] problem with emacs-server (V23)

Rohan Nicholls rohan.nicholls@googlemail....
Thu Feb 26 03:50:34 CST 2009

Hi Gour,

I unfortunately have no experience with your problem, as I run
everything inside emacs, including ipython and any webserver I might
be using.

If you search the archives there was a discussion about getting setup,
but a quick summary, and what I am using:

python-mode - the old one not the standard that comes with emacs
ipython.el - run ipython as your python shell
pymacs - allows for interoperability between python and elisp code
rope - refactoring (ide abilities) library for python
ropemacs - the emacs front-end for rope

And what you have is a really great environment.  Things that I will
hack up if I find time are:

 - easy breakpoint setting from a python buffer in emacs in the
   running ipython session. (ideally with some indicator in the buffer itself),
   much like you have with wing where you click on the right margin of
   the line to set a breakpoint, except something more keyboard
   friendly.

 - run my webserver while retaining the interactive prompt, I have
   this almost working, with huge help from the ipython mailing list.

Anyway, if you want my settings, let me know and I will post them, but
I believe I have done that previously to the mailing list, so a search
might be a lot faster.

Hope this helps, although it does not answer your question.

Rohan