[IPython-user] help(curses) fails - list index out of range

Chris Jones cjns1989@gmail....
Sat Feb 28 11:33:37 CST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 09:10:46PM EST, Chris Jones wrote:

> I'm running ipython and I'm trying to access the interactive doc for
> the curses module.
>
> I type "help(curses)" from the prompt and I get about one page of
> "Traceback" followed by the "IndexError: list index out of range"
> message.

Did a bit of digging and it seems I need to enter:

  help(_curses)

to get to a digest of the curses html doc.

Not sure why help() fails with an exception rather than returning a
message such as "no help for curses".. but then I'm running what appears
to be an obsolete version of python on this system.

Will look into this again after I upgrade.

CJ