[IPython-user] IPython on Jython Nearly working , need Help.

phyo.arkarlwin@gmai... phyo.arkarlwin@gmai...
Fri Jan 16 10:21:56 CST 2009

Hello all!

I am trying to get IPython working on Jython and it is nearly there!

I get IPython to work without readline support (so without completer) .
I got ipython 0.9.1 to work under Jython2.5b1 after applying two
patches and also disabling

#self.init_readline()

 I have Jython Readline installed and working properly.
But If i enable init_readline , it raise IPYthon Crash error. , error
log attached.

The error points AttributeError ; at
        delims = self.readline.get_completer_delims()

But i tried in working ipython on jython (non-completion)

as followed:

In [1]: import readline

In [2]: readline.get_completer_delims
Out[2]: <function get_completer_delims at 0x4>

In [3]: readline.get_completer_delims()