[IPython-user] unicode and change directory problem

Vicent Mas uvemas@gmail....
Tue Jan 20 04:05:13 CST 2009

Hi,

I'm a newbie having problems with the cd command. My platform is
windows xp. I want to change to a directory whose unicode
representation is u'para\u0140lel'. If I issue a ls command that
directory is properly listed.

However I don't know how to change to the directory using the cd
command because the U'0140 character is not mapped to any key in the
keyboard. I've tried several things: passing the unicode string to cd
fails, passing the unicode string encoded with sys.stdin.encoding
fails too. Passing the unicode string encoded with
sys.getfilesystemencoding() fails again. So what have I to do for
changing to that directory?

TIA

Vicent
--
Share what you know, learn what you don't.