[IPython-user] copying text from iPython window

Gökhan SEVER gokhansever@gmail....
Fri Jul 10 16:04:51 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Dr. Phillip M. Feldman <
pfeldman@verizon.net> wrote:

> I'd like to have some cleaner mechanism for copying text from the iPython
> window.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to just drag the mouse over some text
> and then either right-click and select "copy" of hit Ctrl-C on the
> keyboard.
> --

I don't know how it works in other machines but here in Fedora 10, when I
highlight a text either in an IPython session or anywhere in a bash shell
window, I just highlight a text and then use middle mouse button to paste
the contents of clipboard.

Likewise, highlight the text right click and select copy, then on a new line
just use the mid mouse button or right click paste or shift-insert.

--
Gökhan