[IPython-user] copying text from iPython window

Robin robince@gmail....
Fri Jul 10 16:32:19 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Dr. Phillip M.
Feldman<pfeldman@verizon.net> wrote:

> I'd like to have some cleaner mechanism for copying text from the iPython
> window.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to just drag the mouse over some text
> and then either right-click and select "copy" of hit Ctrl-C on the keyboard.

This really depends on the terminal program you are using and probably
depends a lot on what OS you are running. On a Mac, using iterm,
select automatically copies and right click pastes... On linux it is
standard for select to copy and middle click to paste... On windows if
you right click the title bar of the ipython window, select
properties, and tick "Quick Edit Mode" in Options then I think you get
something similar (enter copies selection, ctrl-v should paste).

HTH,

Robin