[IPython-user] debugging with ipython

Robert Cimrman cimrman3@ntc.zcu...
Thu Jul 16 06:05:06 CDT 2009

Hi!

I would like to use this snippet

try:
     from IPython.Debugger import Tracer
except ImportError:
     debug = lambda : None
else:
     debug = Tracer()

to debug with IPython, but do not want to run the code inside an ipython
shell. To avoid

     ValueError: you must specify the default color scheme

I have found an old post suggesting to make a session:

try:
     from IPython.Debugger import Tracer
except ImportError:
     debug = lambda : None
else:
     import IPython.ipapi
     IPython.ipapi.make_session()
     debug = Tracer()

this is ok, but then any non-catched error causes:

Oops, IPython crashed. We do our best to make it stable, but...

which is not something I (and you) want to see - so how to debug with
IPython without running ipython first?

r.
PS: ipython 0.9.1