[IPython-user] Closing an embedded IPython Shell.

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Wed Jul 29 12:01:46 CDT 2009

Dennis,

Hmm, I am puzzled.  If I save the code below to a file (embedexit.py) and
then do:

python embedexit.py

I get an IPython prompt and can use it interactively.  I can then close it
by doing:

In [3]: Exit

or

In [3]: exit()

And the shell closes immediately.  I want to understand what you are doing
different.  Could you clarify?

Cheers,

Brian