[IPython-user] PYTHONPATH works for modules but not scripts

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Fri Jul 31 15:55:02 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Dr. Phillip M. Feldman <
pfeldman@verizon.net> wrote:

> It appears that the PYTHONPATH environment variable works for modules, but
> not for scripts. It would be really convenient if one could put a script
> xyz.py in some common location and then run it from anywhere by typing 'run
> xyz' at the IPython prompt.
> --

That would be a really useful addition indeed.

I usually put symbolic links to my scripts on a usr/local/bin directory. And
use %rehash option of ipython then call my scripts applying the "!"
character in front of them if I work in a little messy way. This approach
doesn't let me load the execution results into my local namespace thus
whos() result with nothing.

--
Gökhan